Question
Posted by: anon | 2011-01-24

sex at 7 1/2 months

i am 7 1/2 months pregnant - this is my second pregnancy after 7 years - i have been experiencing braxton hicks contractions every hour or so - is this normal and is it safe for me and my hubby to have sex?

If the contractions are not painful it is normal. Perhaps you should see your gynaecologist to check that the cervix is not dilating before having sex.

6
Posted by: Purple | 2011-01-26

Oh I wish for that much sleep.

I" m having a girl, my son is also super excited.

Reply to Purple
Posted by: gynaedoc | 2011-01-26

Posted by: anon | 2011-01-25

lol tell me abt that loo story - it gets worse hey! yes i read somewhere that we should be getting atleast 8-9 hours of sleep around this time in our pregnancy - so our bodies are prepared for the labor process - do you know what baby you having? i am having a boy - my daughter is quiet excited!

Reply to anon
Posted by: Purple | 2011-01-25

Thanks for that. We shall give it a try :-) I keep having to remind my husband not to hop on top - how he thinks that will work between my stomach and his beer boep I don''t know.

You are right, I think we go into our first pregnancies so clueless, but after attending ante natal classes the second one flies by with far fewer worries, but everything seems more noticeable.

Glad the contractions are not so regular now. I think we''re meant to take a long walk or a long bath and if they go away its fine and if they don''t and are still getting regular and more painful that we should phone the doctor. With running after the older child - long wlaks and long baths are an impossibilty though. Glad you got a nice rest last night. I think my baby is using my bladder as a trampoline, I" m at the loo all night long when the second trimester is meant to be my break from that.

Reply to Purple
Posted by: anon | 2011-01-25

Hi Purple, thanx the contractions are now every 2 hours - maybe cause i rested nicely last night - the first pregnancy is different - we dont notice a lot of things - if u want a comfortable position during sex try lying sideways and adjust your legs as he enters you - its the best position lol

Reply to anon
Posted by: Purple | 2011-01-25

If your contractions start to get painful and very regular you should phone the gynae just to check all is ok.

I think in a second pregnancy we''re just more aware of the tightening from the braxton hicks contractions - I don''t remember even noticing them in my first pregnancy, but I''m 24 weeks now with my second pregnancy and I can see and feel the tightening - but its definitely not regular.

You can have sex right up until the point where your waters break - after which infection becomes a possibility. Its just a bit difficult to find a comfortable position as you get bigger.

Reply to Purple