Posted by: Distressed | 2009-07-15

Sex and pelvic floor muscles

Iv been having sex for 5 years it possible that my pelvic floor muscles are now damaged?my vagina is too loose and i have a weak bladder.other than keggels is there anything i can do to strengthen my bladder and tighten my vagina?

Looseness of the pelvic floor occurs with advancing age and childbirth - not sexual activity.
Kegels - done twice a day - will maintain the tone of the pelvic floor.
AThere are mechanical and electrical pelvic floor stimulators that can do this for you
The only other alternative is surgery - which is risky and is normally only performed to alleviate urinary incontinence.
speak to your O+G or call the helpline

SASHA - Southern African sexual Health Association helpline 0860 100 262