Question
Posted by: Lee | 2010-11-06

Sex after pregnancy

Dear doc. My baby was born last week via c-section. My wound has healed and would like to know when hubby and i may have sex again. Is it safe as i am still bleeding and what are the chances for me falling pregnant? I also would like to know whether there is a procedure or something i can take to avoid me falling pregnant as we only want another bambino in two years.

You should wait at least 4 weeks before having sex as the cut in the uterus has to heal. It is unlikely that you will fall pregnant in the first month after giving birth. The birth control options are Microval or the injectable.

1
Posted by: gynaedoc | 2010-11-07