Posted by: Jabu | 2008-11-13

Sex after miscarriage

I recently had a miscarriage, an have been checked and Gynea told me I can resume my sexual life. My husband is not yet ready to have sex with me after this ordeal. I didnt want him to say I" m negleting him, I even said to him penetration is not the only way couples can use when having sex, we can also try other methods.

Just after the miscarriage he told me, he didnt want to have a child in the 1st place, and that to me is " heartless feeling"  . I have lost a child, and can someone be so heartless?

If he didnt want to have another child, whose responsibility it is to use contraceptives?

Perhaps I should try " The Sex Toys" 

It is evident that as a couple you are still dealing with the aftermath of a loss. After we experience a loss we go through a grieving period, and each of us greive in our own way and at our own pace. It sounds like your husband is still having difficulties coming to terms with the miscarriage.

I would suggest some couple counselling to address this as well as the impact the experience has had on the issue of having children, contraception and the resuming of your sexual relationship post miscarriage.