Sex after hysterectomy

I had a Abd hysterectomy

I had a Abd hysterectomy about 10 weeks ago the Dr removed the uterus and the cervix but left both ovaries. I rested after the op and feel fine now but im in no mood for sex like I use to be and it is uncomfortable and I feel very dry inside, is this normal after the operation and will it get better, the Dr did tell me it is not necessary to use any hormone cream or medication as he did all the blood tests and the hormones were fine. I am 45 years old had a healthy sex life but feel like an old lady now. I only need to see my Dr in a years time again and feel silly going back to him with this question.

If your ovaries are still there, then you should not need any hormone therapy. However, you are at the age when menopausal symptoms may start. Why don't you start by using KY jelly and Replens. Also remeber that you have had a big operation and this has affected your body. It takes more than 6 months to fully recover.

Must admit I also felt like that after my op. Dont worry it will go back to normal