Question
Posted by: Oops | 2012/06/13

Sex After D& C

Dear Doc,
I had a D& C and polectomy a week ago. My gynea didn''t tell me not to have sex of do any specific for a certain time. I stopped bleeding and we had sex last night. This morning when we got up, I started bleeding again - in a bad way. Blood running down my legs when I stand up.

Please tell me that this is not because we had sex?? My period is due (according to my calculations) any time now. My biggest concern is that is bright bright red blood? Is it normal. Gynea said we could continue T& C as soon as I get my period - he already gave me a Fertomid prescription too.

I''m so concerned about this, that I''m really feeling sick!!!

It is unlikely to be due to the sex. If it is time for your period then that is most likely what it is. The first period after a D&C can be very heavy or very lighht.

1