Question
Posted by: grace | 2010-10-06

sex after childbirth

i have had a baby three months ago, my problem is that it hurts when having sex i went to my gynae who assured me that everything is fine

It may be several things. If you are tired or struggling with desire, then you may find that you are not as aroused as you were before. If this is the case, use a lubricant (sylk, Durex play, astroglide, assegai, etc) to aid arousal and reduce friction.

If you are now anticipating pain for whatever reason, then it may be that you are tensing up (your thighs and your pelvic floor muscles). Try to relax your legs open so that they are 'butterflied' open and relaxed, when your partner attempts penetration try to 'push out' with your vaginal muscles as this in fact relaxes them! Use lubricant here too as it will help. You could also try penetration from the female superior position also using lubricant.

Claire - SASHA

2
Posted by: Been there | 2010-10-06

The other possibility might be stitches on your vagina if you got a cut or tearing. It might therefore take a while for it to adjust and there is no other solution but penetration to heal you. Your partner needs to be gentle. It will get better with time.

Reply to Been there
Posted by: Sexologist | 2010-10-06

Claire - SASHA

Reply to Sexologist