Posted by: anon | 2008-12-03

sex after c-sec

i had a emergency c-sec 3 weeks ago. all went well with the operaton. i did not dilate past 4cm that is why he did a c-sec.
i cut is better and not sore at all. i stopped bleeding yesterday.
is it safe to have sex? i know they say you must wait 6weeks untill you have seen your gynae but i only see my gynae after 10weeks coz he is on leave. i was just wondering if we could have " light"  sex, coz i had a c-sec and did not give birth naturally.

You should wait the 6 weeks. The cut on your uterus has not yet healed and will be painful if you have sex. You could do things which do not involve penetration.

Posted by: CN | 2008-12-03

Hi there,
They say you should wait til after 6 weeks, but i know that can seem like forever.
I waited 4 weeks after my c-sec, took things real slow and managed without any pain or discomfort.
The only advice I can give, is to listen to your body, take it (sex) slow, and if you experience any pain or discomfort then you should stop immediately and wait a while longer.

Reply to CN