Question
Posted by: petu | 2010/02/26

sex after a miscarriage

I had a miscarriage on the 14th of Feb and would like to know how soon should i wait before i can engage in intercourse again and also how long should i wait before i try to concieve again. I had pains for two days before i lost my baby, how likely is it that this may happen again if i concieve and is there anything i can do to avert it from happening again? It was a first pregnancy.

You should wait till the bleeding has stopped before having sex. The usual recommendation is to wait at least 3 months before falling pregnant again. There is a greater than 85% chance of a successful pregnancy the next time.

1