Question
Posted by: JonJo | 2012/03/29

Sex Addict ?

Hello Doc, I am in my late 40s. At this time i would''ve expected my sex drive to take almost a nosedive but this is not the case. I just cannot get enough sex. The issue is I have 4 different women and I just cannot get enough from just one woman. I have to have them at regular intervals. I have a steady partner but one woman seems to not be enough for me. They are aware that I am involved with someone and of course my partner does not know about the others. Do I have a problem Doc? Am I addicted to sex? Is sexual addition harmful to me? I use condoms with the others so I am being careful wrt STDs and the bigA. Am I not well DOc????

It is very difficult to tell just from this information alone...the fact that you are concerned about this is significant. People who struggle with 'sex addiction' usually find that they are preoccupied with finding their next sexual release (ie. think about it alot), that there is an element of escalation that has occurred (i.e. more and more is required - be it more partners, more time spent, more risk involved, etc) and find that they struggle to manage/control this. If these are ringing true for you then perhaps you need to go so someone trained/experienced in working with such matters for an assessment. The dangers of sex addiction are many and varied and depend on the behaviours involved. The dangers you currently face (whether you meet the criteria for sex addiction or not) may be that behaviour escalates to the point where risks are taken, or you risk loosing your primary relationship and/or hurting others, and are left feeling alone and unsatisfied - a hole which never seems to be filled...

If you would like to be referred to a professional who can assess your situation in more depth, you can check with your local drug/alcohol rehab centres as they should be aware of local professionals, or send an email to helpline.sasha@gmail.com

Claire - SASHA

4
Posted by: Brian | 2012/04/08

You lucky Bastard - not because you''re a sex addict - but because you have 4 Women!!

Reply to Brian
Posted by: jack | 2012/03/29

Well said XXX your penis is the problem.

Reply to jack
Posted by: XXX | 2012/03/29

You are certainly not well and going to be a lot worse if your behaviour continues.I feel sorry for your partner as she is also at risk.
Put your penis back in your trousers where it belongs and masturbate in need.

Reply to XXX
Posted by: Sexologist | 2012/03/29

Claire - SASHA

Reply to Sexologist