Question
Posted by: nomyth | 2011/02/16

Sex addict

i am a sex addict. i have sex with anybody, guys and girls. i masturbate every night. i was molested and raped as a child. Now things are getting worse. wher i can go on to start getting help before i hurt anybody?

There IS help out there but it is few and far between...it pretty much depends where you are based. Options include a therapist who knows about and is comfortable treating sex addiction. You may need to have an assessment with a psychiatrist to assess for any concurrent depression; sometimes compulsive behaviour can be aided by medication. There are also some sex addiction support groups (SAA or SLA - sex addicts anonymous or sex and love addicts anonymous...). IF you get stuck either contact your local addiction treatment centre and ask for some direction or call our helpline for an appropriate referral 0860100262.

You have taken the first step now, now just begin the journey of finding the supports you need. In the interim, some books you might find helpful are OUt of the Shadows by Patrick Carnes- in fact just search his name and you will see a whole list of books he has written on the subject. You can also access information from www.sexhelp.com

Keep strong.

Claire - SASHA

4
Posted by: Woman | 2011/02/17

In my opinion, the only way you can find peace and healing, is by visiting a psychiatrist regularly. The life you''re living now - the abuser is winnning, the abuser still has the power. The abuse keeps happening.

Deal with the abuse, and the effects of the abuse on your life today, that is the only way you can become whole again. Be strong! You don''t need to be the victim anymore, but only YOU can make the choice. Only you can change your life.

good luck!!

Reply to Woman
Posted by: nomyth | 2011/02/16

its getting harder to control. I am a guy. is there a sex addict forum you know of Sn?

Reply to nomyth
Posted by: sn | 2011/02/16

You not alone...... I have the same problem......Don''t think you can ever be healed...... Its a result of the molest and rape ...... Well that is the case with me....... And i was molest by a woman as a child........Just try to control it...

Reply to sn
Posted by: Sexologist | 2011/02/16

Keep strong.

Claire - SASHA

Reply to Sexologist