Posted by: Dot | 2013-01-16

sex 3 days after peak: possiblity of fertilisation and

I have been on the billings ovulation method and it has been successful. I however may have made an oops up the other day by not recording and then forgot.

I think that my peak may have been one day after the peak that I recorded. Usually I wait three days after peak and on the fourth day have intercourse. According to what I recorded this would have been correct, the problem is if I recorded it a day earlier, had intercours on the evenng of the 3rd day after peak what are the chances of an egg being fertilized?

I''m very concerned as I need to go for a travel live virus inoculation and if there is a possiblity of fertilisation I would not like to risk it. (with this inoculation I would need to wait 3 months before falling pregnant).

I would like to go for the inoculation ASAP so as not to delay falling pregnant too much longer. Do you think it is safe to go for the vaccine or should I would for my period and then go?

What do you suggest?

If I recorded the peak a day later and had intercourse of the new day 3

Nothing is so accurate that you can get things down to one day. If there is a possibility of pregnancy then rather wait for your period. It would be better to have the vaccination in the first half of your cycle when there is no possibility of pregnancy.