Question
Posted by: ANNETTE | 2010-08-11

SEX

I HAVE DIABETES TYPE2 AND I WANT TO KNOW DOES IT EFFECT YOUR SEX LIVE.I ENJOY SEX,BUT I AM VERY COLD AT TIMES,NO MATTER WHAT.CAN I USE SOMETING FOR THAT,AND WHAT CAN I USE.I AM HAPPILY MARRIED FOR 18 YRS,AND WANT TO KEEP UP THE GOOD LIFE.THANKS

please see the following quote; for treatment, please consult your GP

'The impact of diabetes on sexual health and enjoyment is not well researched. This is particularly the case for women's sexual health.

Common sexual difficulties encountered by women, both those with diabetes and those who do not have diabetes are:

poor vaginal lubrication
a decrease in sexual desire
pain during sex
trouble having an orgasm.

The sexual problems encountered by pre-menopausal women who have Type I diabetes are similar to the problems non-diabetic women have. In addition, they may have decreased vaginal lubrication and more frequent yeast infections, especially if their diabetes is not well controlled

Women with type 2 diabetes are more likely to have difficulties, as they are older, and are usually taking medications. Ongoing strict control of blood glucose levels may help prevent these and other problems in later life.

What to do:

First, recognize the problem and decide to deal with it. Ignoring sexual difficulties will not make them go away.

See your doctor. Describe the problem clearly in plain language. If you feel you cannot discuss your problem with your primary care physician, ask for a referral to another doctor, perhaps a specialist.

You may also get help from your practice or diabetes nurse. They may help you overcome shyness in discussing private matters and help you put your concerns into words.

If your blood glucose levels are up and down, you will not feel well.

This will affect your interest in sex. Sexuality is complex. While many of the factors affecting sexual pleasure are physical, sex also has a psychological dimension. For many people sexual problems are a combination of the physical and the mental and emotional parts of life'.

REFERENCE;
http://www.diabetes.ie/website/content/living-with-diabetes/faq/sex_sexuality.aspx

2
Posted by: advice | 2010-08-11

try using macca powder Anette it really helps. you can buy it at health shops, but give it about a month to start working. Good luck :)

Reply to advice
Posted by: sexologist | 2010-08-11

poor vaginal lubrication
a decrease in sexual desire
pain during sex
trouble having an orgasm.

What to do:

REFERENCE;

Reply to sexologist