Question
Posted by: Jack | 2008/10/20

Sex

Well me and my gf are both 16 and weve been together just over 2 months and i think its time to move on a bit if you know what I mean, however I dont really know how to talk about sex or how to start a conversation about it and weve never really talked about it before. it will be my first time and im ready for it and pretty sure she is can someone please help me and give me some advice on how to talk about these things and how i can actually start the conversation and if need be how i can persuade her (without any pressure) i also need some tips on the whole first time thing

I'm sure that things haven't changed that much from my time - usually there are steps before becoming sexual, like intimate kissing, the odd roaming hand, etc...what is the feedback you get from this? When in a situation like this, ask her what she likes/feels comfortable with, etc. You could also speak less directly about other people and see what her response is to this...If it looks as though she is interested, perhaps you could begin to speak more directly about what you and she are ready to do (and also very importantly, how you can protect yourselves sexually).

I'm really pleased that you want to talk about it - it's very important to discuss issues like readiness, what it would mean not to have sex, etc. However, you have also only been together for 2 months, what is the rush?
I am also a little worried that you refer to persuading her - even though this is without pressure, this is a big step for many people and is ideally something that needs no persuasion, but something that both parties WANT and feel ready for.

Being sexual involves a lot more than just penetration (which I'm guessing is what you are referring to), it involves intimate touch and exploration in a trusting relationship. Don't just go for what is considered a 'goal' (i.e. orgasm via oral sex/penetration), try to learn about touch, pleasure and communication, and if it progresses to orgasm in one way or another, then fine but please make sure you use a condom, and enjoy the journey...not just the destination.

5
Posted by: Grow up | 2008/10/26

judgin by your reply to the other people offering their opinion you are still very immature and i wonder if you are ready to tackle the responsibilities of having sex. Go hang out with your friends at the movies, and leave the poor girls alone.

Reply to Grow up
Posted by: Z | 2008/10/22

I had sex for the first time at 19 and it was the biggest mistake i ever made!

Now I have a boyfriend that loves me to the ends of the earth but my previous sex experiences have been so bad that I cant enjoy sex!

We all telling you to wait for a reason... I know its hard, but just try listen to what ppl are saying!

Reply to Z
Posted by: Jack-ass | 2008/10/22

Big Boy! Know everything!!

Reply to Jack-ass
Posted by: Jack | 2008/10/21

I think youll find the legal age for sex is 16 and that a lot of people do it before that age, also my girlfriend is not your daughter so unless you have something positive to say keep your nose out. Thanks.

Reply to Jack
Posted by: Jack-ass | 2008/10/21

You are both 16. That is very young!
I am oldaged but if she were my daughter, I will not be very happy.

Reply to Jack-ass