Posted by: Healing | 2009-03-26

Severley Stressed out :(

Hiya CS :)
I hope you are keeping well.

I' ve been taking massive amounts of strain at work over the last 3 weeks and am now getting heart pulpitations and have a moer of a knot in my tummy (not in the abdomen, but the spot where people try punch each other under the ribs in the middle)... I guess you could say in the upper 6-8 pack area (if you have one).
I am overweight, so am a bit worried. This only started last week when I reached my peak stress level and I' m trying to calm down now (not easy, once I get started...). I' ve even started taking some of those pills you put under your tounge to try calm me a bit (Rescue).
Do you think I can just put it down to stress and give it a few days?
I don' t want to spend R200 to go to the doctor just to find out what I already know. (Can' t afford it right now. Having one of those, ' everything going wrong at the same time' , months).
Does it sound like the symptoms could just be stress (the pulpitations really freak me out. I' ve always hated getting them in the past), or should I be more conservative and panic?

As usual, thank you for your time and advice :)
And always remember.... Chuck Norris Rules! Yeah!

I've long since had only a 1-pack. But the symptoms you describe are typical of stress. have you had palpitations before ? If they were checked out previously and found to be safe, they're probably OK now. How long is this severe stress period likely to last ? If it'll be over fairly soon, you might decide to wait it out. If its likely to be long-lasting, better, probably, to see a doc to be sure. But a form o palpitations is typical of marked anxiety --- an increased awareness of your heart beat, the heart beating faster than usual, and maybe occasionally skipping a beat. If the skipping is frequent --- see a doc. But give it a few days --- see if it goes away when you rest a bit at the weekend,

Posted by: Again | 2009-03-26

CS won' t see your response (second message). You' ll have to post it again as a new message.

Reply to Again
Posted by: Healing | 2009-03-26

It' s not constant, but I think it picks up when I get stressed. I did wake up at 4am and freaked out a bit, but hopefully it was maybe a side effect of bad dreams? I got more pillows as it seemed a bit better when I was lying up. Was better when I woke up.
Like now I' m okay because I' ve been popping these pills... So is that a good sign then?

I need to make a decision now because I' m either going to have to get my car fixed, or see a doc this month.
If I get the car fixed, then no money for the Doc...

Reply to Healing