Question
Posted by: Debster | 2009-03-12

Severeperiod pains but no period

I really dont know what to do anymore, I have an appointment with my gynea at the end of the month but this is really worrying me and I would like some clarity on this. For about the past 2 - 3 weeks i have been experiencing extreme period like cramps, so bad that i sometimes cant si up straight. there has been no period,maybe one or twice there was a little bit of blood but not even something to call bleeding or a period. I have also noticed that directly after me and my partner had sex there was blood and i get those severe pains. My breast are also extremely sensitive, i actually have to wear a bra 24/7 coz i cant bare not wearing one coz it is so sore. Is this need for concern? can it just be a bad period or maybe pregnancy? Ive not done a pregnancy test yet, waiting for end of the moth to go see the gynea. Can you please give me some advice, so i can set my mind at ease.

You don't say when your period is due. If your period is late, I would suggest that you do a pregnancy test. If not, possibilities are a cyst, infection or bowel problem.