Question
Posted by: Judy | 2012/08/13

SEVERE PMS POST BABY

Since I had my baby three years ago I have been suffering from severe PMS which starts promptly from the day before my menses for 3 or so days, my menses are 7 days long, it starts with a Migraine coupled with nausea, fever, lethargy and a general feeling of unwellness. I work in the legal field where concerntration is a must but I find myself incapacitated and my boss is a man therefore it''s quiet difficult to make him understand the torture I''m going through because according to him (and other people) menses are natural. I''ve been to a GP who ultimately sent me to a Gynae. I have not been using contraceptives for the past 6 years because of my propensity to suffer from Thrush and Migraine. Husband was using condoms but we stopped 8 months ago as we were trying to fall pregnant, then 2 months ago, my Gynae prescribed the contraceptive patch and Agnucaston hoping it will " cure"  the PMS but I''m still suffering. I''m 38 years old, I do Yoga twice a week and road running on the other 2 days of the week. please help.

PMS is related to hormonal changes at the time of menstruation, thus it can be helped by hormones. If you are trying to fall pregnant, this is obviously a problem as you cannot use the Pill or other contraceptives. If mood swings are part of it, you could try an antidepressant like Cipramil. Evening Primrose oil might help. And you could use migraine medication prophylactically.

1