Posted by: Shiny | 2008-11-13

Dear CD

I suffer from severe PMS I think. Regrettably my male doctor does not seem very concerned about this. Its so bad that its costing me my relationships - my husband threatened to leave me although he tries to be understanding he thinks that PMS cannot be this bad. I literally gnash my teeth and am totally out of control during this time. Once I start bleeding its ok. I' m 43. They say I am not peri or menopausal but my mother says I am exactly like my grandmother was.

Please help me.

What medications would they prescribe for this? Would it be a daily anti-depressant or a tranq or what?
None of natural things work at all for me.
In Jan 08 they did the 3 hormonal blood test and it was normal. What test can you do to be 100% sure you are not menopausal?

I have a gynae appointment next week, but am not holding out in hope because I mentioned my problem to another gynae 2 years ago and there was no interest just an idea to take an oil supplement.

This is really bad. Should I go to a Psychologist?

My family can' t take me anymore and I really even hate myself, but I find it uncontrollable and overwhelming. My periods are also very heavy. I am not on the pill as it gives me headaches.
I feel so angry and temperemental duriing this time I feel like will do soemthing like lose my job as I am so irritable at work. The slightest stress during this time and off we go.

Dear Shiny
You should ideally see a psychiatrist, this is a well described condition and there are effective medications for it - you don't have to suffer another month! The psychiatrists are more sympathetic and knows the condition better than the gynes! See