Question
Posted by: Jinglebells | 2008-11-25

Severe Period pains on one side only

Hi, My period has always been on time 30 day cycle and it last from 2 days to 3days very light flow, I always had normal cramps associated with tender breast, weight gain, moodyness and so on. Recently when I got my period it was accopanied by terrible pangs of pain in the right side of the V-shape below my stomach and this brings nausea, hot flashes, constipation, piles and dizzyness. The pain is cured by a warm water bottle and 4 painkillers. I am just concerned because the symthoms describes Primary Dysmenorrhoea but whats bothering me is that the pain is more to the one side which describes Secondary Dysmenorrhoea. I also had an ectopic pregnancy 5 years ago and the right tube has been removed. Please send me information on this.

Tyhe right sided pain is not usual. I would suggets that you see your gynaecologist, especially as it is a new symptom.