Question
Posted by: simi | 2009/01/20

severe pain due tp slip disc.

my lower back is painful and the pain travels to my thigh and my ankle. I did a MRi and doctors asked me to go for surgery but then i am only 35 years and i went to the biokineticist instead. He asked me to to exercise daily to strenghthen my back bones it does help but at certain times my back feels very weak and the pain is unbearable. when i sleep the pain gets worst.

Can you help me in any way.
Simi.

Expert ImageChiroDoc

Hi Simi - visit a chiropractor as soon as possible. The biokinetic exercises are good, but you need some specific care to correct this problem quickly. If the MRI indicated a major prolapse or herniation of the disc - then surgery may be indicated.