Question
Posted by: CC | 2010-05-05

Severe Pain

It has happened for the 4th time now. I get a cramp-like feeling so severe I cannot move. It pulls from my stomach feeling like it is stretching my ovaries going through the vagina and gets stuck between there and anus. It almost feels like passing wind would calm it, but there is absolutely no way –  even if I spend 2 hours on toilet. I eventually fall asleep just to awake with sore muscles and the cramp better but still there. Eventually it goes away. Although my muscles stays sore for 2-3 days after. Is this something a gynaecologist or doctor can treat or prevent this?

Hallo CC
You may be getting proctalgia fugax - literally a spasm of the muscles in the pelvis. Funny as it sounds a type of asthma medication ( Salbutamol) helps to prevent it. Discuss with your doctor as you may need a prescription. See also http://www.embarrassingproblems.com/problem/anal-pain (scroll down to proctalgia fugax)
dr Bets

2
Posted by: CC | 2010-05-06

Dear Dr. Bets,

I really did not think that this was the kinda thing other people also experienced, thank you for your correct advice, it does not seem like there is a whole lot I can really do about it, but I will absolutely get that Salbutamol!

Reply to CC
Posted by: cyberdoc | 2010-05-05

Hallo CC
dr Bets

Reply to cyberdoc