Question
Posted by: Ouch! | 2009-11-23

Severe pain

Dear Doctor

I' ve been diagnosed with PCOS. I had very painful periods from the 12th of November till 16th November (couldn' t walk). I' ve had pain around my ovary areas after that for most of last week. I went for a walk yesterday and started getting dull pains in my left and right ovary areas again. I' m sitting here at work and the pain is very severe on my left and right side as well as in my middle pelvic region (it' s like a burning, sharp pain, like something' s being twisted or squashed, it' s difficult to sit or walk, or concentrate on work).
I' ve been trying to contact my doctor, but she' s not available. Should I go to the emergency room (they seem to only help you if you' re bleeding, and I' m not, last time I had severe pain they turned me away and told me to loose weight-how can I if when I only go on walks the pain is this bad). Do you think a cyst or two ruptured? I' m in a lot of pain, frustrated and confused.
Hope you can help.
Kind regards
Ouch

PCOS does not cause this degree of pain. Try and see a doctor - this could be anything from a bad bladder infection to appendicitis.

1
Posted by: gynaedoc | 2009-11-25