Question
Posted by: mysterious leg pain | 2008/07/14

Severe mysterious leg pain

I had a brain tumor (oligodendrocyte) successfully removed 19 months ago. Followed by radiotherapy and chemotherapy (Temozolomide). About a year ago I developed a severe leg pain when walking that does not respond to physio or pain medication. After draining CSF though a lumbar puncture I got good relief for about 1 day. Based on this my neurosurgeon installed a peritoneal shunt . This resulted in good relief but only for about a week. The pain is now back again and nobody (including the neurosurgeon) knows why or what to do. I am desperate as it is affecting my and my family’s life horribly.

Dear Mysterious leg pain
If the neurosurgeon does not know what causes this, I don't think I even want to try and guess. What I do know is that it sometimes help to get physiotherapy, or TENS treatment or to use an antidepressant like Trepilene to increase the pain threshold so that you dont experience the pain so badly.
Good luck - hope this helps a little bit!