Posted by: Debbie | 2011-09-15

Hi there,
I have been suffering with severe neck pain at the base of my skull, down the side muscles on my neck and my shoulders and between my shoulder blades. Sometimes the pain seems to even move up the right side of my skull to behind my ear. This has now been for almost 4 months.
I have been to a chiropractor who adjusted my 3rd &  4th veterbrae, but the pain has continued. I go for massages atleast once a month, which is extremely painful and the next day I feel almost " bruised" . My neck muscles sometimes feel tight, and like my head cannot move as freely as it used to, and i often have a burning sensation in my neck, back and shoulder muscles...

Now after that looooong description - what I was wondering - should I go back to the chiro, or rather see my GP, or see a physiotherapist to have it looked at?

Thanks in advance for the advise!

You will have to consult your doctor for an examination and prescription for Trepilene 10 mg at night, in combination with a muscle relaxant, as well as a good anti-inflammatory drug. It is essential to break the cycle of pain and muscle stiffness. Consult a physiotherapist and apply hot and cold compresses at least 3 times daily, especially at night.