Question
Posted by: Ianthe Wiehahn | 2011-04-21

severe migraines and pain in neck and left arm nonstop

I had C2 hangmans frature 12 years ago. Last 10 years getting progessively worseing pai. Last 5 years pain intollerable. Get bad migraines and downs me for uo to 4 days. Not a month go by without an attack. Get intravenous kortizone and seems only treatment that workm. Pain in nevk shoulders and left arm now a 1
0 out of 10. Had several injections for relief at pain clinic, but pain in neck wont budge. Numbness and pain in left arm still remain. At the ebd of my rope. I''m a photorapher and now really struggle to hold cameera for long periodss and in agony all the time. Please help dr as I am totally depresses by now and at the end of my rope. Love Ianthe

Dear Lanthe
Have you seen an orthopedic surgeon for this? It could be that the disc between the vertebrae disintegrated and is causing pressure on the nerve to the arm. They may need to do a fusion of the vertebrae to stabilize the area? Your headaches could be due to trigger points in the muscles of the neck and shoulders caused by spasm of the neck (due to the old injury). See if you can find a physiotherapist in your area that is experienced in "dry needling" to examine the muscles and to treat you if this is the case.
Hope this helped somewhat?

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2011-04-22

Dear Lanthe
Hope this helped somewhat?