Question
Posted by: Kay | 2010/08/26

Severe Menstrual Bleeding

My maid has a daughter 15 yrs who has had excessive menstrual bleeding. She was given two pints of blood and not meds and then turned away from the hospital due to the strike
she is still bleeding but not as heaviliy. Can you please advice what meds she should take to help her?

Expert ImagePharmacist

Hi Kay

The strike in our hospitals is REALLY becoming a humanity issue.

Menstrual bleeding that required that much blood should be treated by a doctor - I'd suggest booking an appointment for her with your own GP.

Is she on any form of hormonal treatment i.e birth control yet?

1
Posted by: pharmacist | 2010/08/27

Hi Kay

Reply to pharmacist