Posted by: dei | 2012-06-18

severe lower back pain

hi there,
after giving birth to my baby 8 months ago i have been suffering with major lower back pain, i dont know if it might be a pinched nerve or what but it is getting worse. the pain starts in my hips then below my spine and it shoots down my legs, when i sit and get up it really hurts. i have to bend my knees to sit down on the couch and get onto the bed. i cant even hold my baby for long it hurts. what could this be?

Expert ImageOsteopath

Hello Dei,
You have either strained a joint or disc and possibly associated tissues at the site of pain and the residual inflammation is causing irritation to the nerves that are passing through the inflamed area. You need to consider carefully your posture when caring for you baby and consult with a medical professional to help resolve the issue.