Posted by: Mohamed Vangeria | 2011-06-28

severe leg pain

Good Day
I am experiencing severe leg and lower back pains for the past 4/5 years. i find it extrenmely difficult to walk, also short distances. sides of my hip pain and also my calves on both legs goes very hard with excruciating burning pain. I went for aorta bifemoral bypass, 8 months ago. the vascular surgeon picked up weak pulse at the feet.
yet after the operation, I still have the same pain.
I am so frustrated, that i dont want to go back to the surgeon. i have also seen a chiropractioner. all in vain.
please advise.

Unfortunately, such a long standing problem will have to be investigated properly. I suggest that you consult an orthopaedic surgeon for x-rays and possible MRI of your lower back and hip joints. It is possible that you have nerve impinchment that is the origin of your problems. Another possibility is that you are suffering from osteoarthritis of your hips.