Question
Posted by: Moi | 2008/09/01

Severe Heartburn

I' m six months pregnant and since I' ve found out that I was pregnant I' ve been suffering from heartburnand acid reflux. I' m using gaviscon and rennies and neither seems to work. Is there anything I can use to neutralise the acid.

Dear Moi

Thank you for visiting health24.com.

If you are not using Gaviscon Advanced, I recommend that you use this instead of the normal Gaviscon, at least four times daily before meals. You should also exclude any food that contains acid (tamato, spicy foods, onions etc), as well as fizzy drinks and coffee.

Unfortunately, there are not other medication that can be used during pregnancy.

Kind regards

1

You might also want to try Eno Tums. It' s safe for pregnancy...and it tastes good