Question
Posted by: Fatima Martin | 2011/03/28

Severe headache sufferer - an ex patient of yours

Hello Doc. I am an ex patient of yours. I attend your practice in Rondebosch, Cape Town. You did some minor ops/incissions on my head (these places are still tender to touch after all this time) and also gave me a plate for my mouth. Unfortunately all these procedures did not help. I then went to Dr Ozier Amien - was hospitalised and his diagnosis was generic/no cure. I am currently seeing Dr Simon Kessler who is treating me with Toplep 50mg + Sandoz Mirtazapin 60mg which the costs about R750 per month (he started at lower dosages and we have now got to the above dosage) and the medical aid will not consider as Chronic meds - this is still at a trial stage and I still suffer with these headaches. Could you please give me any further advise. Thank you, Fatima Martin

Expert ImageHeadache expert

Dear Fatima,

I am glad you contacted me - we have learned a great deal since the clinic was open in Rondebosch. I will contact you by e-mail, as we have a much better chance of helping you now.

2
Posted by: sandra lopo | 2011/04/18

Hi I was just prescribed toplep 50mg for headaches by me gp but am wary to take it as it is an epileptic medication and I am by no means epileptic. Could you please advise me why he has prescribed this to me and is it safe.

Reply to sandra lopo
Posted by: Headache expert | 2011/03/28

Dear Fatima,

Reply to Headache expert