Posted by: Douglas | 2009-04-29

Severe eye iritation and no meds seem to work

My girlfriend is having serious allergic type problems with her eyes. She is using all kinds of prescription and over the counter medicine from eye drops to nose prays. She has also got her prescribed antihistamines but nothing seems to keep it away. Her one eye is starting to droop, I think it' s because she rubs her eye heavily when she' s sleeping. I can get all the medicine names if that will help you better understand at what stage of desperation for finding something that works we are. Can you help??

Dear Douglas
A drooping eyelid is not caused by an allergy - there may be something else wrong like Myastinia gravis or underlying thyroid disease - please ask her GP to refer her to an eye specialist if he can't identify the problem. If the eye can't close properly, this may cause redness and irritation.