Question
Posted by: almost mad | 2013/10/18

Q.

severe depression after sex

Hi there, I have a very low labido. I 99% of the time do not want sex. I dont even want to kiss! When we do have sex, it is fine during the time but after I get hit by a severe depression. I feel like someone just told me that someone I love has died. I hate that feeling. I get it bad after an orgasm.

Expert's Reply

A.

- 2013/10/18

This musy be really iunpleasant for you,  and its a rather uncommon complaint.  There are very many alternative causes of very low libido, both physical and psychological, and it would be wise to see a GP and then perhaps a psychiatrist, for a thorough assessment to identify causes,  almost all of which can be remedied, improving your general quality of life and freedom to enjoy life.
Its possible that you have a background chronic depression, and perhaps mixed feelings about sex in general and about your lack of libido,  which leads to the severe feelings of depression after sex.  Proper treatment of the depression,  with meds and CBT style counselling, could help greatly.

Want to comment?