Question
Posted by: Bee | 2008/08/11

severe cough

i am 25 weeks pregnant and have been coughingfor the past 8 weeks, went to xrays (which shows nothing wrong with my lungs). my gaene at first prescribed dhp and some antbiotics then later on acc200 and alcophilix. none of these meds helped. i even resorted to drinking garlic and ginger.

Hi Bee
You may have a post nasal drip or even a bit of acid reflux. Ask your GP to have a look - you may need to use something like Gaviscon to prevent acid from pushing up into the esophagus or you may need to get treatment for a chronic post nasal drip. (He needs to have a look in your nose and throat to see if there are signs of any of these?)