Posted by: Lily | 2009-01-15

Severe Bladder Infections

Every time I have sexual intercourse with my partner, I suffer from severe bladder infection with blood in the urine. It is an almost unbearable pain. This happens everytime without fail.
How does the intercourse cause the infection? Could it be a more serious problem that is aggrovated by intercourse?

The bladder is just in front of the vagina, so it is irritated by sex. Try emptying your bladder before and after sex.
It could be that there is an underlying problem that is aggravated by sex, so it would be a good idea to see a doctor.

Posted by: CE | 2009-01-15

I previously went to my doc, regarding the same problem. She said it had to do with bodily fluids getting into the uretha (wee-wee hole) and then causing infection in the urinary tract. She then suggested using condoms and/or washing with warm water everytime after intercourse, as well as urinating afterwards to flush any fluids.
Hope it clears soon.

Reply to CE