Posted by: Lizelle | 2009-08-20

Severe back ache

I had a horseriding accident 13yrs ago and when they took xrays that day they said that i cracked the 3 and 4 disc in my lower back and that they cannot operate as i was too young. i have not had too many hassles except for the odd occassion. I had a relatively easy pregnancy but towards the end i did suffer from bachache. i had to have an emergency C-section and was given a spinal block administered in my lower back and am wondering if this could have casued problems.
The back pain has been more regular since the birth and just recently i fell and heard a clicking sound in my back and since i have had this severe lower back pain that shoots down my right leg making it feel ' numb' . At the moment the GP prescribed Tramacet again for the pain but it is not helping. I do not know what to do anymore. i am going to the GP tomorrow for an injection but other than that when it wears off i am afraid the pain will be back. I cannot afford Specialist fees right now but this pain is affecting my work as i sit infront of a PC from 08:00 to 5pm daily. Any advice?

Expert ImageChiroDoc

There is obviously a lesion/deviation which is responsible for some pressure on a spinal nerve. The problem sounds "mechanical" and chiropractic care is indicated. Relate your history to the chiropractic practitioner of your choice - a thorough examination etc should indicate a course of treatment.