Posted by: Karla Swansen | 2012-08-30

Sever sweating feet

Last weekend while wearing my flip flops I experienced very " wet"  feet. I thought nothing of it as it was warm and I had been doing gardening. Last night I experienced the same thing while cooking dinner - had to stand on a towel, it was that bad. Through the course of the night it seemed like every sweat gland in my whole body malfunctioned. I was literally dripping like I just climbed out of the shower. This began at approx. 20h00 and lasted until 04h30 this morning. I took several showers to rinse off. I kept assessing myself in terms of " do I feel anything ie feverish, nauseaous, headache, pain, anxious etc"  NO to all the checks. Just dripping with sweat. I am 37 and have experienced a few hot flushes but very mild. This was different and lasted very long. Please advise or refer me to someone who can assist. I am a little worried naturally.
Thank you, Karla

Expert ImagePodiatrist

Hi Karla, thank you for your mail. The cause of your sweating is not localized to your feet and I would suggest you consult with your medical practitioner. Regards Nelfrie