Posted by: Pshemeck | 2011-09-01

Sever pain in left side of chest

Hello. I am a male, 29 years of age. Since I was a kid (about 13), every now and then, I get these severe pain in my chest, more to the left. During these pain episodes, I can barely move my left arm, and can barely breath normally. This pain last for about 2 to 5 minutes. For these pains to disappear, I just take a few huge breaths and try to relax, and then the pain disappears.
I haven''t had one of these pains in a long time now, and I fear it might come back hard.
What do you think is the problem, if any?

You will have to consult your doctor for an examination and chest x-ray, to investigate your symptoms. Various structures of the chest can cause your pain. Skin disease, costo-condral injury, conditions that effects the plura etc., can be some causes.