Question
Posted by: dei | 2012/06/20

sever lower back pain

hi there,
after giving birth to my baby 8 months ago i have been suffering with major lower back pain, i dont know if it might be a pinched nerve or what but it is getting worse. the pain starts in my hips then below my spine and it shoots down my legs, when i sit and get up it really hurts. i have to bend my knees to sit down on the couch and get onto the bed. i cant even hold my baby for long it hurts. what could this be?

Dei

You are suffering from sciatica, which is most likely caused by a pinched nerve in your lower back. I suggest that you consult an orthopaedic surgeon for x-rays and a possible MRI scan, to have a proper diagnosis made.