Question
Posted by: Claire | 2010-01-18

Seun se verhouding met my

Hi, my seuntjie is 4 jaar oud. Die oomblik as sy pa hom slaan of as ons raas met hom, dan sê  hy hy is nie meer lief vir my nie. Selfs al doen ek hom niks, en sy pa het hom geslaan, sê  hy dit vir my, maar sê  hy bly lief vir sy pa ! Wat gaan aan, waarom doen hy dit? Hoe kan ek dit verander?

Sounds pretty normal - claiming not to love you is one of the few weapons of self-defence open to a child. And your husband should not be hitting him - that's abusive, and a lousy way to develop discipline. And presumably, being a sensible kid, he expects you to protect him from being hit by his father.
Focus on the central issue, one of a lack of a proper and effective system of discipline not involving physical violence - a counsellor or child shrink could help you work out a proper plan to develop this, with you and your husband working together to encourage good behaviour and discourage bad behaviour, without violence being involved at all.

1