Question
Posted by: djq | 2010-07-20

SETTLED AT ARBITRATION WHAT NOW???

Good day

My company finally settled at arbitration well I guess we didnt really go into arbitration I think we reached an agreement before that &  the company settled it was signed and payment was to be made on the 9 July 2010 to date I still did not recieve a cent, went back to ccma filled in an arbitration award &  now Im just waiting not sure how long it will take. I telephoned my ex employer &  was told they not paying as per section 144 not sure what to do from here, do they have grounds &  can they hold back the settlement after the agreement was signed?

Expert ImageLabour lawyer

RE: SETTLED AT ARBITRATION - WHAT NOW???

Once an arbitration has been settled then you are entitled to make that settlement an arbitration award. Once you have an arbitration award you can have that made an order of the labour court and the deputy sherrif can attach goods to the value of the settlement.