Question
Posted by: Anon | 2010-05-21

SETDOWN FOR HEARING: 02/08/2010

Hi. I am the defendant. My hearing has been set down for the 02/08/2010. I have mixed emotions.
What can I expect? What is the procedure. I don''''t have legal representation at this stage.
Filed at family court.

Expert ImageDivorce support expert

What are your mixed emotions about?

2
Posted by: SADSA | 2010-05-22

I understand and it is perfectly normal. 21 years is long time of getting use to, even if the relationship was no longer contributing to the 2 parties happiness.
After 21 yrs there is probably quite a lot of material " stuff"  in common and it is important to assess who gets what. If you own quite a bit together and have children it is important to have some sort of legal guidance.
SADSA prefers mediation as the best way to a civilised divorce.

Reply to SADSA
Posted by: Anon | 2010-05-21

I am happy that it is going to be over but sad that 21 years of marriage is coming to an end...