Posted by: melanie | 2009-03-24

Serviks cancer

I recently went to my Gynae for a check up and he found a early stage of serviks cancer. It was removed but I want mor information on this topic. He said it was caused by a human propeller virus but I have no idea what this is and how I can prevent this from happening again.

I am 35 yrs old have no children and would like to get pregnant soon - how will this affect the fact that I want to get pregnant.

You probably had pre-cancer. This is caused by the HPV virus. Once you have it, there is nothing that can be done to cure it, but the symptoms can be treated. You should therefore go for regular pap smears. You should be able to fall pregnant. If you had a LLETZ procedure, there is a slightly higher risk of an incompetent cervix, but this can be managed with a stitch in pregnancy.