Question
Posted by: Linda | 2010/08/20

Seroquel side effects

I have been taking seroquel for about 2 years for bipolar. it''s the only medication that has helped me and i''ve been on a lot of different ones! the problem is that i often get pains in my heart and palpitations, sometimes dizziness and also i feel like i''m about to have a fit - my body will just suddenly jump or shake, it''s hard to describe. is it safe to carry on taking seroquel? i have read some horror stories about it but am reluctant to change because it''s the only thing that has helped me. i recently started treatment for rheumatoid arthritis, at night i take veltex but the next day i feel so sick and dizzy and out of it. does this interact with the seroquel?

I think you really need to see your prescribin psychiarist again ( such meds should ALWAYS be supervised by a psychiatrist and not only a GP ) and discuss these sensible issues you raise.
I am not familiar with Veltex, but a reaction with seroquel is conceivable - again, something to discuss with your prescriber, as he/she ought to know enough about you and your reaction to this and other meds, to be able to advise best.

1