Question
Posted by: Mo | 2008/07/09

seroquel for insomnia?

Hi, I am a 50 year old woman, a recovering alcoholic - 15 years sober. I am on Aropax for anxiety. I have been suffering from insomnia for a long time, my Doc has prescribed Seroquel to help me sleep. I am a bit concerned as Seroquel is supposed to be for treating schizophrenia or bi-polar disorders. I don't think that I am either of these . What sort of side effects can Seroquel have.

Aropax is primarily an antidepresant, and generally rather enlivening, but where insomnia is due to Depression, and/or anxiety, by alleviating these conditions, it can improve sleep usefully. Do a google search for a full listing of Seroquel side-effects, and also ask your doc about these --- and remember they list those which are possible, not compulsory ! Maybe your doc is thinking that more traditional tranqullizers and sleeping pills can become habit forming, and considers Seroquel will be safer in that regard