Question
Posted by: Anxious | 2011/07/20

Serlife for Generalized anxiety disorder

Im 27 and was recently told(By n Psychologist and then by confirmed by a Doctor) i have General Anxiety Disorder. I have had it since i can remember, but only recently realized it can be treated(before i used to think my obsessive worrying was just due to outside factors but lately ive realized its there even when i dont have reason to worry).

For the last 8 days im on 25mg Serlife(which i think is like Zoloft) and need to go to 50mg in a weeks time. Its been really tough, i feel more anxious then ever, tummy is also not great, also feeling quite down(more then usual), and just this recurring feeling of dread, and sometimes hopelessness, ive always struggled with sleeping but now its even worse.

I guess i just wanted to check if anyone else has gotten relief from general anxiety disorder with these pills and also how long the side effects lasted or how to better cope with them?(Also whether this is sustainable long term drug?)

OK, GAD is really common, and can grow on top of a basically anxious personality. Worrying indeed can become a habit, which, fortunately, one can unlearn that bad habit. Serlife and its relatives can indeed help resolve an anxiety disorder, and that family of drugs can cause some mild stomach upset, which usually reduces or wears off.
With most drugs, the side-effects are worst in the forst few weeks, and then reduce.
I hope the psychologist is helping you, with a method like CBT ( Cognitive-Behaviour Therapy ) to help you to unlearn the bad worry habits - including your understandable tendency to get anxious about your anxiety !

1