Posted by: 768 | 2011-09-30

I was always under the impression that you picked up weight with SSRI''s. I must say that I have personally experienced no appetite on Serlife. I have been on meds before like Talomil, Welbutrin, Lamictin, xanor etc and infact I gradually picked up weight without even eating that much more differently than I am now.Do some people pick up weight?

Its not inevitable or guaranteed, though indeed i does occur with some antidepressants and other drugs. One may gai weight if Depression is relieved, if the depression had led to loss of appetite and weight, in its own right. And one may lose weight on an SSRI IF the mild nausea and loss of appetite is a notable side-effect for you ( which it isn't necessarily for everyone ). And of course, some totally unrelated third cause may be at work. That's what makes these jobs difficult !