Question
Posted by: Marike | 2010-06-15

serlife

I''ve been on serlife 100mg for about a year now and have gained about 10kg!! I want to come off but i''m not sure how and what to expect. My doctor initially said I need to stay on for 2 years, but I dread gaining another 10kg. (I''m on CiplaTrim, diotroxin, glucophage and a low GI diet with no loosing-luck at all!)
Please help

Generally, is accepted that if someone needs to be on an AD, they should remain on it for at least 9 months to a year, as stopping earlier increases the risk of the depression returning. One wouldn't usually remain on them for 2 years for a first episode of depression.
If this advice and treatment was from a GP, it would perhaps be wise to see a good local psychiatrist for a review of the situation, and advice on the broad range of issues. It also worries me when someone starts on one drug, then gets onto a range of other drugs to deal with the side-effects of the first drug, then others to deal with further side-effects and interactions, and so on. A fresh, re-assessment would be helpful over-all, and wise ebfore deciding on your own to stop the medicine that seems otherwise to have been useful for you.

1