Question
Posted by: Kelly | 2010/02/10

Serious Stomach Ache

Morning Doc,

I was dealing with a bladder problem last night (I think I got a bit of an infection- didn' t go to the bathroom when I needed to!) so in order to get rid of it a.s.a.p. (it was incredibly sore and uncomfortable) I drank about 3 glasses of Citro-Soda and about 5 glasses of water (in the space of about 3 hours). I also took 2 Adco-dols to relieve the pain when I wanted to go to bed.

This morning I still wasn' t feeling 100% so I had another glass of Citro- Soda and water. I also had my normal breakfast (mielie meal) and a cup of tea. Last night for supper I had cheese grillers for supper last night that tasted fine but they had a bit of a sour taste to them (the expiry date was fine and they were bought on Sunday- were only taken out the freezer last night). My husband said it was probably because he cooked all the cheese out of them.

Now I' m at work and I have the most terrible stomach ache. It' s a sharp pain that comes in waves. I can' t go to the doctor because I don' t have a car and there isn' t one in the immediate vicinity. I also can' t take off because one lady has been off for a month and my boss isn' t in.

I have yoghurt with me for a snack today- will that help the pain? Should I drink more water?

Hallo Kelly
This is not a place to post urgent requests as I sometimes only get time to look at it late at night! You probably need antibiotics, so I hope you made a plan to get to a doctor for treatment during the day..

1
Posted by: cyberdoc | 2010/02/10

Hallo Kelly

Reply to cyberdoc