Posted by: Sharkey | 2009-07-20

serious back pain in 2nd trimester

Dear Doc,

I am 4.5 month pregnant with my 2nd child. I had my first schild in Aug last year. Since Saturday I have been experiencing the most awful pain.

It feels like my lowerback and bum bones are about to break. It feels liks a shock from my lower back to my right buttoks bone (whatever its called) It was so painful tht I could not walk on that leg. As soon as I put pressure on the leg it was like a shock going through my back. It has become worse.

I cant pick up my 1 year old daughter as it hurts and when sitting or standing it gets really painful. Now i have had many people giving advise. The one said my hip bone needs to be re alligned the other said the baby is lying on a nerve causing a pinced nerve effect, others have said that my body is not yet recovered from the first pregnancy and that is why I am suffering now. others say its becasue i am over wieght, I have lost 4 kg so far in this pregnancy but yes i know wieght does play a role.

I also developed this serious migrane tht wont go away and i feel its comming from my back.

Please help as I am at the end of my rope?

I can't tell what the cause of your pain is without examining you but it dos sound more severe than the normal backache of pregnancy. You will have to see your doctor for further assessment.