Question
Posted by: assie | 2011/12/13

serdep, tiredness

i am for 4mnths on serdep, but lately i feel so drained and tired.
Must say it help for my depression and mood swings, but just feel very tired. Can it be the tablets. I only take half a tablet in the morning. I am suppose to drink it at night but then I cant fall asleep.

Please advise.

Serdep is an antidepressant, chemical name Sertraline, so an SSRI family member. It was and is the absolute professional duty of the doc who prescibed it, to have discussed the side-effects and precautions with you in detail.
Typical side-effects include dry mouth, headache, dizziness, tremors, rash, sleepiness, constipation, gastrointestinal disorders, and problems with ejaculation in males.
SO sleepiness can be a recognized side-effect of this med, but then one wouldn't expect it to disturb your sleep when taken at night.
And there are alternative ADs, to be discussed with your doc.
Its also essential to ensure that you are taking the med at the right time(s) of day, and in the right total dose, as too low a dose can give side-effects without benefits, and too high a dose gives more side-effects than necessary

3
Posted by: Anonymous | 2015/04/13

Must series be taken in the morning or in the evening?

Posted by: Riekie | 2015/02/06

Hello Doctor You give detailed advice. I've been told by someone who has fibromyalgia, which I suffer also from, that a very low dose of Serdep at night decreased his pain, and helped him sleep. I'm very afraid to drink medicine. I do suffer from muscle spasms, insomnia, dry eyes and painful nerve points. Of course to feel depressive on and off is part of the fibromyalgia, which is also how I feel. Would you please advise if it can help with the fibromyalgia? Thank you so much.

Reply to Riekie